You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be happy, and it shall go well with you. Psalm 128:2

Monday, January 18, 2016

Sew Mice Friends

 
Cross-stitch is becoming my favorite hobby!  I get a kick out of counting those tiny squares and using the thread to "paint" a cute picture or design.  In keeping with my resolve to curve my crafting spending this year, I decided to work on this adorable Picture Kit from Design Works to hang in my craft room!  I've had this for about 3 yrs!  I found it in JoAnn Fabrics and IMMEDIATELY fell in love.  But I was so intimidated by all of the detail that I didn't touch it....Until Now!
 


I like to use hoops and since this is a big project (9" x 22"),  I rolled in each end of the aida cloth and attached mini binder clips to secure them.  I covered the area with tissue paper before attaching the hoop to keep it as clean as humanly possible, tearing away the paper as I get to the section I want to work on.  You experienced cross-stitchers out there will notice I have not worked in the white sections yet.  I've read that it's best to stitch white sections last to prevent it from getting soiled before the project is completed.


Aren't they the cutest things!! I remove the hoop when I know it will be awhile before I can get back to it and just roll the cloth to prevent creases.  I'm fully aware that it may possibly take me half the year, or more!, to finish this.  I don't care.  It's just such a joy to see these adorable little characters come to life!  I'll show updates from time to time so check back and watch the magic happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment